This position can be remote based and will cover the – Western US & Canada
What you will do
Under general direction, provides leadership to drive the growth, profitability and increased market share of HVAC controls sales through BSNA’s direct channel. Directs sales and sales management efforts and activities to develop technical sales force that responds quickly to customers’ requests for controls systems design, estimating and procurement. Leads execution of Construction Sales Account Coverage strategy and associated lead sourcing, cross selling, sales management disciplines, construction sales processes, sales training and sales tools required to achieve the sales objectives for the controls business. Drives growth of controls volume and margin objectives by coaching Area Construction Sales Managers, Local Market HVAC Sales Managers and sales professionals on the market planning process, customer account coverage, portfolio selling strategies and collaborating with our owner and other domain sales teams. Develops and delivers field sales training as needed on controls value propositions, estimating and best practices to maximize new customer capture and hit rates. Ensures the local market size and sales capacity requirements are understood and that planned staffing activities occur to cover targeted construction accounts. Coordinates with Learning & Development, Commercial operations, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition and Service Operations to hire, on board and retain early career talent.How you will do it
1. Provides direction and support to Area Construction Sales Managers and Local Sales Managers that results in the achievement of the planned business results for our conventional controls business.
2. Coaches Local Sales Managers to increase sales productivity through Sales Management best practices, one-on-ones, observed/coached sales calls and account management that leads to improved leading and lagging metrics.
3. Works closely with L&D, HR and Commercial Sales operations to ensure staffing activities occur including recruiting, selection, development and succession. Champion for early career sales and assists in identifying and developing hi potential sales talent.
4. Ensures that Local HVAC Sales Managers assign leads and hold account reps accountable for lead assessment, advancement and abandonment as necessary to build pipelines.
5. Coaches Local HVAC Sales Managers to develop sales pipeline, ensures opportunities are strategically pursued, and drives to secured including the following activities: monthly inspection of forecasting blocks, bid activity in transactional space and driving margin expansion through strategic customer accounts.
6. Becomes an expert in an area of concentration for the controls business, ex: K-12, Commercial Real Estate, Higher Ed, State & Local Government, Hospitals, etc.
7. Collaborates with Product Sales Managers, Connected Technology Leadership and Owner Sales Leadership to ensure local markets have required support and subject matter expertise to grow our controls lines of business.
8. Leads growth programs and key initiatives, provides competitive intelligence, best practice sharing, development of local market training programs.
9. Facilitates the Local Sales Managers in account segmentation process and assignment of key, target, managed and maintained consultant, contractor, and owner accounts.
10. Drives monthly/quarterly/annual sales performance to plan and forecast. Inspects local market forecast KPIs, offers related support and coaching. Supports securing projects in forecast, including closing activities, and price level coaching.
11. Responsible for using CRM and sales analytics to bring insight to sales teams to improve our chance to win projects, increase sales activity and also improve sales performance overall.
12. Drive high level customer relationship and interaction including being a leadership sponsor for appropriate key accounts, as well as facilitating customer showcase and factory visits. Supports local marketing efforts, including regional and local trade shows, participation in relevant industry associations, advertising, and public relations.
13. Ensures the local sales managers build strong relationships with key/target customer executives in local markets and active participation in professional organizations including ASHRAE, MCAA, and ACCA (strive to be in a leadership/ board position).
14. Supports Sales Management Disciplines, Sales Builder and BEST sales training for Construction Sales team.
What we look forRequired
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or related field, MBA preferred.
• Eight to ten years’ experience in Sales management experience, preferably in the construction space.
• Demonstrated knowledge of HVAC marketplace, account management and relationships with key players in the market.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.