NationalExpress LLC (NELLC) is the North American subsidiary of National Express Group,PLC, one of the premier transportation firms in the United Kingdom. NationalExpress Transit (NEXT) is the transit division of National Express LLC and is arapidly growing provider of transit, paratransit, and shuttle services fortransit authorities, municipalities and other clients across the United States.National Express Transit operations transport more than 22 million passengersannually with more than 2,800 vehicles. All of our divisions share a strongcommitment to provide the highest level of transportation safety, qualitytransportation, outstanding customer service and positive employee relations.
• Provides safe and reliable transportation service to passengers byoperating position specific vehicles which may include sedans, vans,paratransit vans, limousines, taxi-cabs, shuttles, transit buses, school buses,and/or motor coaches with a fixed or changing route.
• Reports any maintenance problems to Maintenance in accordance withCompany procedure and does not operate an unsafe vehicle.
• Reports to duty on time and maintains assigned route on time but in asafe manner.
• Physically assists passengers in evacuation of the vehicle in case ofemergency.
• Immediately reports any accident or incident per Company policy.
• Exercises passenger and/or student management per Company policy.
• Informs all appropriate personnel of problems/procedures.
• Keeps the interior of the assigned vehicle clean and presentable.
• Presents a neat and professional personal appearance at all times.
• Ensures vehicle is properly fueled according to facility procedures.
• Completes all required paperwork (including route change sheets, time cards,vehicle repair requests) and submits to the appropriate authority in a timelymanner.
• Maintains a cooperative attitude with fellow employees, supervisors,customers, and passengers while always promoting company goodwill.
• Prepares vehicle for inclement weather conditions, including scraping orcleaning windows, applying tire chains.
• Safely and efficiently utilizes vehicle equipment, including wheelchairlifts, radios and emergency equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Additionalresponsibilities for our Paratransit Drivers may apply per locationrequirements and include but are not limited to:
• Must be at least 21 years of age;
• Must possess, or be able to obtain, all valid applicable state license and other required certifications to operate company vehicles.
• Must meet physical and medical requirements and pass substance abuse screening; as a safety-sensitive employee, will be subject to random substance abuse screening under Company policy.
• Must satisfactorily complete and pass all training and attend safety meetings and in-service meetings in order to remain qualified.
• Extensive knowledge of traffic rules and regulations.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to lift and assist passengers when necessary.
• Must have a high degree of attention and considerable dexterity in the control of vehicles such as sedans, vans, paratransit vans, limousines, taxi-cabs, shuttles, transit buses, school buses, and/or motor coaches.
• Must practice defensive driving at all times and avoid vehicular and industrial accidents by practicing safe driving and work habits.
• Compliance with all applicable company, federal, state, county, district, and contract specific Driver requirements.
Note: All interested applicants for a Transit Driver position begin with us as a Driver Trainee. The best-trained drivers in the business work for us because we devote a significant amount of resources, training and development to our employees. Upon successful completion of our training program and successful completion of all necessary requirements for the position, individuals are placed in a Driver role.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Company name is : National Express Transit
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...