Operations Manager - Program Development (Volunteer)
*Note: The following is an opportunity for flexible, part-time, volunteer work. Please DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for paid employment.* This is a remote-from-home position.
Are you an experienced operations manager with vast experience in program development? Are you also passionate about making a difference? Most of all, are you excited about the opportunity to work with smart and talented individuals committed to producing great content in the public interest? Can you commit a minimum of 10 hours a week, working remotely on your own schedule with our far-flung, diverse team?
Check out WhoWhatWhy.org. Youâ€™ll quickly see that weâ€™re a credible solution to the raging debate over whether the news is â€œfakeâ€ or not,â€ with agenda-free research and publishing bracingly fresh analysis. Not left-wing, not right-wing, not consensus-seeking. We just want the truth â€” whatever it is.
At WhoWhatWhy, we go at each story with an open mind, boundless curiosity, and a willingness to dig deep and ask hard questions â€” even when weâ€™re told not to. Nothing is going to stand in our way when it comes to discovering what is going on beneath the surface, and why. Call it naive to believe such fearlessness possible, but we think itâ€™s the essence of true journalism.
And because weâ€™re straight to the point, we make clear that weâ€™re looking for volunteers â€” skilled volunteers. Yes, weâ€™re a nonprofit that wasnâ€™t funded by a zillionaire. Yes, we decline to accept corporate ads.
However, we do have big ambitions, which is why weâ€™re seeking an experienced operations manager with a strong background in program management . This person will be responsible for translating ideas and leading the efforts to run enterprise programs focused on the growth, development and awareness/outreach of the organization.Expect to spend 80% of time coordinating and leading projects. The remaining 20% will be allocated to developing and executing impactful project communication within the project team and with all stakeholders up to the level of CEO.
You will work remotely and on your own schedule, and we ask for a minimum commitment of 10-15 hours a week. (Though doing more is not discouraged!) Because our staff is spread throughout the world, we communicate mostly through Slack and email, and team members are requested to be highly responsive in a timely manner.
If you possess a high level of self-motivation, work well independently but also have strong collaboration skills and enjoy the opportunity to partner with like-minded individuals, and can commit quality time per week on a regular basis to help achieve team goals, weâ€™d like to hear from you.
We will not review applications that appear to be mass submissions. To apply, send your resume and a customized cover letter explaining why you're a good fit for this position. If there is no option to attach a cover letter, please send a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should confirm your understanding that this is, initially, a volunteer position. Thanks!
Powered by JazzHR
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...